Sharkheads Souvenir Shop on Beach Blvd
Looking Down the Road in Front of Treasure Bay's Hotel
Towards President Casino
Getting To Biloxi:|
Location - Biloxi, located in Harrison County on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, is approximately
midway between New Orleans and Mobile (about an hour drive).
Driving to Biloxi - Interstate-10 is the major east-west highway leading to Biloxi.
I-110 extends from I-10 (Exit 46) to US-90 (Beach Blvd), which is the main thoroughfare in Biloxi and the Gulf Coast.
Flying to Biloxi - The Gulf Coast region is served by several major airlines through the Gulfport/Biloxi Regional Airport, which
is located on US-49 in Gulfport. Ground transportation and car rentals are readily available.
Beau Rivage from Imperial Palace
Facing East from Beau Rivage Parking Garage
Casino Row Can be Seen in Distance
Biloxi History - A Crash Course:
- 8000 BC - Evidence suggests the region was a hunting ground as early as 8000 BC.
- 1699 - Frenchman Pierre LeMoyne Sieur d'Iberville and his exploratory party land on the Gulf Coast
and find the area inhabited by Indian tribes.
- Early 1700s to early 1800s - Settlement of Gulf Coast.
Biloxi served as capital of the Northwest Territory for a short time.
- 1817 - Mississippi became a state.
- 1848 - Biloxi Lighthouse erected.
- Mid 1800s - Beauvoir was the last home of Jefferson Davis.
- 1898 - Barq's Root Beer first bottled in Biloxi.
- Late 1800s - Emergence of Biloxi as a major seafood canning and export center.
- 1940s - Keesler Air Force Base created.
- 1969 - Hurricane Camille
(other major hurricanes occurred in 1722, 1893, 1915, & 1947).
- 1992 - State of Mississippi legalizes dockside gaming.
Casino Row: Grand Casino's Island View Hotel in Foreground.
Casino Magic and Isle of Capri Hotel Towers in Background
More Photos Ahead! Page 2 - Page 3
Biloxi Casinos (home page)
Biloxi Reviews & Photos:
Beau Rivage Biloxi, Grand Casino Biloxi,
Imperial Palace Biloxi, Treasure Bay Casino
Site Map: Biloxi Mississippi
All Photos and Content Copyright © 2001, 2002, 2003 PlayMiss.com, The SG! Biloxi.